- Tomato- 4 medium size
- olive oil- 1tbs
- onions- 1 medium size
- garlic- 6 cloves.
- Tomato paste- 1 tsp
- chicken stock or vegetable stock- 1 cube
- carrot- 1
- celery- 2 sticks.
- pepper powder- 1tsp
- salt- to taste.
- Basil or parsley- to taste.
- Make chicken stock/vegetable stock by adding the stock cube in hot water.
- Heat up the pan add in olive oil, onions and garlic and sauté for till the onions turns translucent.
- Add in chopped carrots and celery cook for 3 mins.
- Add in the stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and reduce to simmer for 10 mins with lid on.
- Sprinkle some parsley or basil and set aside let it cool down.
- Pulse the soup until its smooth.
- Tomato soup is ready!! Season with salt and pepper before serving!!
Step by step pictures:
Add in carrots and celery.