Tomato kurma without coconut, Generally kurma is made with coconut based but making this tomato kurma (without coconut) yet it tasted so good and consistency was excellent.. Adding a spoon full of besan flour diluted in water take this gravy a next level and we get a right consistency. Its quick, no fuss recipe. When i had gone to my hometown mom made this Tomato kurma for me, all i was doing is clicking pictures, tasting it. Do try this recipe and let me know.
- Onions- 2
- Besan flour- 1tsp( dilute with 3tbs of water)
- Fennel-1 tsp
- Cinnamon- 1/2 inch stick
- Green chill- 2
- Garlic- 5 cloves
- Coriander leaves- 1 small bunch
- Chilli powder- 1 and 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Heat up the pan, add in oil,fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves,onions and green chilli sauté until it turns translucent.
- Add in tomatoes, garlic,coriander leaves and cook until the tomatoes turns mushy.
- Add in chilli powder and turmeric powder sauté until the raw smell disappears.
- Add in some water, sprinkle some coriander leaves and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Finally add in the besan mix and cook for 2 mins.
Its totally delicious,
If you love this recipe Leave a comment, or tag a picture #nithisclickncook on instagram or post a picture on Facebook, I would love to see how it turned out!
Happy cooking, Eat like no else is watching! 🙂