Punjabi tawa aloo/masala potato recipe – Spicy, delicious and marianted with right spices and roasted to crisp.
POTATO.. POTATO… Yes!! that one versatile vegatable is seriously a life-saver anytime and ofcourse everytime. we have loadss of recipes using potato, this is punjabi tawa aloo recipe which is simple and quick one.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES:
- Oil- 2 tbs
- Potatoes- 2
- turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- chilli powder- 1 tbs
- coriander powder- 1/2 tbs
- onion- 1
- garlic- 5 pods
- tomatoes- 2
- green chilli- 1
- salt- to taste.
- coriander leaves- 1/2 cup
- cut the potatoes into wedges,Par-boil the potato wedges and drain the water.
- Add all the spice powder chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder to the wedges,Toss them and keep aside.
- Grind onion, garlic to fine paste.
- Heat up oil, add the onion paste cook them until the raw smell disappears.
- Puree the tomato, add to the onion paste saute them until the onion&tomato mixture well blended.
- Now add in the potatoes and stir them until everything is combined.
- keep roasting them until the masala well coated on the potato.