- Cooked rice- 1 and ½ cup
- Tamarind - a small lemon sized ball.
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp.
- Fenugreek seeds- tsp.
- Sesame oil - 2 tbs.
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp.
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Peanuts- 1 tbs
- Curry leaves - 2 string.
- Salt - to taste.
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and grind into a fine powder.
- In a pan add in oil, add in mustard seeds, channa dal, dry red chillies,peanuts, curry leaves cook for 1 min.
- Add the dry roasted fenugreek powder.
- Add the tamarind pulp, salt, turmeric powder, cook until the oil oozes out.
Using gingely oil/ sesame oil gives the tamarind rice more flavourful.
The measurement which can be changed according to ur taste bud.
Make sure you cook 1 hour before serving.
Step by step pictures:
Dry roast the fenugreek seeds.
Serve with onion pakoda and pappad.