- spring onions- 1 bunch
- Onions- ½ cup
- Garlic- 3 to 4
- Chilli- 1 or 2
- Oil- 12 tsp
- Channa dal- 2 tbs
- salt - to taste
- Cook the channa dal by adding 1 cup of water and cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Heat up the oil, add onions, crush garlic and chilli in pestle mortar, add them in.
- Add the chopped Spring onions, saute them for 2 to3 minutes.
- Add salt, cooked channa dal along with water, cover the lid, cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spring Onion kootu is Ready!
STEP BY STEP PICTURES: Spring Onions Kootu | Spring Onion curry | Vengaya thal kootu
Spring Onions Kootu is Ready!! Best Served with Rice or Roti!!
Do try this recipe and let me know, share your thoughts, comment below or click a picture and post it on FACEBOOK or tag a picture on INSTAGRAM #nithisclickncook so we can see how it turns out!! It would also be fun sharing the pictures!! 🙂
Have fun guys!! Happy cooking!!