SPICY MUTTON CHOPS!! Usually when we buy mutton i end up making gravy preparations but i wanted to make a good spicy semi gravy mutton that goes well with rice, chapati, idly or dosa. This one solves the issue. Its spicy and has a very good flavour. It has a thick gravy but you can adjust it to ur preferences.. It also goes extremely well with ghee rice, coconut milk rice, jeera rice.. i know the list goes on 🙂 We just had it with a simple rasam rice. Give a try to this spicy mutton chops and tell me ur favourite combo.
- Ghee- 1tbs
- Cinnamon-1 stick
- Elachi- 1 or 2
- Green chilli- 2
- Ginger+Garlic paste- 1tsp
- Chilli powder- 2 tsp
- Dhanya powder- 1tsp
- Meat masala powder- 1 and ½ tsp( i used shan meat masala)
- Turmeric- ½ tsp
- Curd- 3 tbs.
- Water-3 cups.
- Salt- to taste.
- Heat up the pressure cooker, add in ghee, cinnamon, cloves, elachi.
- Add in onions, green chilli and sauté until the onions turns light brown.
- Add in the GG paste and sauté until the raw smell disappears.
- Add in Tomatos and cook for 5 mins.
- Add in mutton, chilli powder, dhanya powder, meat masala, turmeric powder and salt and sauté it for 10 mins.
- Add curd, water, sprinkle some coriander leaves and Pressure cook for 6-7 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released open the pressure cooker and cook for another 10 mins until you get the desired consistency.
- Spicy Mutton chops is ready! Serve Hot with rice, roti, idly or dosa.
The time taken to cook the mutton may differ.
You can adjust the spice level according to ur taste bud.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES: