Brinjal Chutney – Back in india Amma makes variety of chutneys every day for the breakfast. Most of the time our breakfast has been idly or dosa with chutney. This particular chutney i always ask amma to make its spicy, tangy and yummy so amma make this for me on weekly once and I’m a huge fan of brinjal obviously this brinjal chutney is my very favourite chutney. You can have this brinjal chutney with idly, dosa or roti. It taste so good!! Out of more love towards this chutney sometime i mix them with rice, add sesame oil. Thats it!! i love them having with potato chips! So what is your way of eating this chutney?? hehe! tell me 🙂 🙂 Do try this recipe! 🙂 🙂 and Tell me how it turned to you!! 🙂 🙂
- Brinjal- 3 to 4
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Garlic- 4
- Cumin seeds- 2 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 4
- Tamarind- 1 small lemon ball
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- Grill the brinjal in pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 at the maximum heat until the its well cooked.
- peel out the brinjal and make them mushy.
- Heat up the oil, saute cumin, garlic, dry red chilli, tamarind into a fine paste.
- Add the brinjal and pluse them until its well blended.
- Saute mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curryleaves, for tempering and add into the Grinded Brinjal.
- Smoked Brinjal Chutney is Ready!
P.s I have a induction stove, so opted for other option to give brinjal a smoked flavour. You can also roast them in a direct flame if you own a gas burner.