Day before yesterday i was just skimming through my mothers recipe book, i came across this recipe “Poricha kuzhambu” when i read the name of the recipe which has taken me to the childhood memories, mom had given me this kuzhambu mixed with rice for my lunch box during my school days!!This porichakuzhambu is my all time favourite, i can have it with rice, idly, dosa, chapati or whatever even having it in a small bowl just like a soup!!:). Nobody would eat this kuzhambu like a soup but i do!! because of the heavenily taste!! I tried this recipe for the first time from my mom’s cook book, you can add all your favourite veggies of your choice. Give this one a try sure you will enjoy!!!
- Oil- 1tbs
- Brinjal- 2 small
- Drumstick - 1
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Onion- 1big size
- Tomato - 2 medium size
- Chilli powder- 1 and ½ tsp
- Dhanya powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste.
- TO GRIND:
- Coconut- ¼cup
- Fennel seeds- 1 and ½ tsp.
- Grind the coconut+fennel seeds into a fine paste.
- Heat up the pan add in oil, add mustard seeds, onions, curry leaves sauté till it turns translucent.
- Add in tomato sauté it for 3 mins.
- Add the vegetables and sauté it for another 3 mins.
- Now add the coconut+fennel paste, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt. sauté till the raw smells disappears.
- Add the water, salt and cook for 10 to 15 mins.
- Yummy porichakuzhambu is ready!! Serve Hot with steamed rice, idly, dosa, chapati, aapam.
Heat up the pan add oil and mustard seeds.
Serve hot with steamed rice, idly, dosa, appam, roti.