Hara Bhara Kebab the popular north indian starter, as the names says hara bhara kebab it has the full goodness of spinach, potato and peas. In this recipe i have added potato and spinach i don’t have peas in hand so skipped it, but i have mentioned in ingredient list below. Hara bhara kebab is in my to do list for long time,getting spinach is little difficult here, last week when i saw a packet of spinach i just grabbed it quickly! We had tried hara bhara kebab in few restuarants sometime it was ok, sometimes it was very hard. So i want to make it soft, juicy and tasty! here is the recipe which i come up with where it is easy to make, soft and it just melts in your mouth.Hubby dear loved it so much, infact we both had a deal to eat a last piece of kebab, we decided lets make it 50- 50 !!! Heee heee! 🙂 🙂 Do Checks my notes below before making it. okies!! Friends!! Try this recipe an let me know. Hope you love it as much as we loved it.If you added you own ingredients to give a personal touch, yayyyy!! I’m here to Hear from you!
- Potato- 1 1/2 (boiled and mashed)
- Peas- 1/2 cup
- Amchur powder- 1 tsp
- Chat masala- 1 tsp
- Roasted Jeera powder- 1 tsp
- Besan flour- 1or 1.5 tbs
- Oil- 1 tbs
- Spinach/Palak/Pasalai Keerai- 1 cup
- Ginger- 1 tsp
- Garlic- 3
- Green chilli- 1
- 1.Boil the potatoes ,peas and mash them.
- 2.Blanch the spinach.
- 3.In a blender add ginger, garlic, green chilli, spinach and grind them coarsely.
- 4.Transfer them in a bowl, add potatoes,amchur powder, roasted jeera powder, chat masala,besan flour, salt and mix them well.
- 5.Wet your palm, make a lemon sized ball and pat them gently to make a shape like tikki.
- 6.Shallow fry them on both the sides.
- While blanching the spinach, add 1 tsp of sugar because that will retain the green colour in spinach.
- Add potatoes lesser than spinach.
- Do not add more besan flour otherwise it will make the kebab hard.
- The kebab consistency should be soft.
- Wet your palms with water because the kebab will be little sticky, so it will be easy to make a shape.
- I would say, if you want to make a kebab immediately just directly put them in a pan to shallow fry them because the shape might break if you arrange in plate.
- You could also store the in a freezer for 1 week.
Yummy Hara Bhara Kebab is Ready! Serve them with ketchup or any chutney.
Its Soft, delectable, lightly spiced, melts in your mouth. Try this Definitely you will love it!
If you like this recipe share your thoughts below or are you going try it??? take a picture and post it on my Facebook page or mail me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheers Happy Cooking!! 🙂 🙂