- Tamarind - a medium sized ball.
- Garlic - 15 cloves
- Onion- 3 medium sized.
- Dry red chillies - 6 ( according ur spice level)
- Pepper - 1 tbs
- Tomato - 2 medium size.
- Red chilli powder - 1 tbs
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Oil- 3 tbs
- Grind onions and garlic in a coarse paste.
- In a small pan add a 1 tsp of oil fry the dry red chilli and pepper for 1 min, After it cool downs, Grind into a fine paste by sprinkling some water.
- Extract the tamarind pulp by adding 3 cups of water.
- Add in the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the grinded drychilli+ pepper paste to the tamarind water.
- Take a pan or kadai add in oil, vadagam, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, onion+ garlic paste fry till the onions turns brown.( keep in medium flame)
- Add in tomatoes and cook until it turns bit mushy.
- Now add the tamarind water, salt and cook for 30 mins until the oil oozes out.
- Spicy Tangy Garlic kuzhambu is ready!! Serve hot with papad.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES:
Garlic kuzhambu is ready!! Serve hot with pappad.