Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe, How to make pesto at home, Hellooo friends!! Today’s recipe is a homemade fresh basil pesto!! A versatile recipe!! if u make this pesto you can make a lot of varieties!! you can make pasta, pizza, sandwich!! This pesto recipe can be stored in the air-tight container and freeze up to 3 months and thaw them before using it. If u have this sauce in hand, you can make a quick easy breakfast and lunch recipes in no time!! For making this pesto recipe. I had been searching everywhere to get pine nuts, unlucky me!! I didn’t get it!! because the pesto sauce is usually made with pine nuts, so I just added peanuts to give a substitute. I thought the taste would be different if I add peanuts, To my surprise.. peanuts also tasted just like restaurant pesto sauce!! I’m very happy with the outcome and I had also made pasta and sandwich!! its all turns out so yummy!!! yes!! Guys sure will definitely share you all the recipes!!! if u tried this recipe let me know or post ur picture on Facebook! Cheers!!
- Basil- 1 pack
- peanuts/pine nuts- 3 tbs
- Garlic- 3
- Olive oil- ¾th cup
- pepper corns- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste.
- Dry roast peanuts and peel off the skin.
- In a blender add basil,garlic,peanuts, pepper corns, salt, little olive oil and blend them coarsely.
- Add remaining oil and grind them into a smooth paste.
- If ur using immediately add little more oil and blend again or else store in the air-tight container, drizzle some oil on top and freeze upto 2 months. Thaw it before using.
- If u want you can add cheese while grinding.
Step by step pictures:
Fresh Basil Pesto Sauce is Ready!!!