Chettinad Egg Masala | How to make Egg masala, Hello Friends!! Good day!! Sometime back Narsi’s colleagues told him, “hey i have heard your wife has a food website, so you have good cook-er at home? He said ” Cook”er “???? yeah she cooks well”. So, i have been tagged as a “cook-er” has food website Lol Hehe 🙂 🙂 Most of the times it take more time to decide a menu more than cooking time!! Usually i always ask Narsi to tell the menu he wants to eat so the decision part would be easy!! but hubby dear is always open to my choice and prefer eating whatever easy for me to cook that time!! so whenever there is a confusion Egg is my saviour all time! 🙂 i made few rotis so i thought i will make something a spicy gravy normal than the usual one. so i decided to make Chettinad Egg masala which is little spicy, aromatic and flavourful gravy, which can be served with Rice as well!!
- Eggs- 4 (boiled)
- oil- 2 tbs
- mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- curryleaves- 1 string
- onions- 3
- tomato - 2 (grinded or finely chopped)
- ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- FOR ROASTING & GRINDING:
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds- 1 tsp
- Pepper corns- 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 5 to 6 ( according to ur spice level)
- Boil and deshell the eggs and make a 2 or 3 slits.
- Heat up the oil in wok add all the ingredients listed under " For ROASTING AND GRINDING" and saute them for a minute, keep them aside.
- Bring them to a cool temperature and grind them into a fine paste adding little water.
- Mean while, in the same wok, add oil crackle mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped onions, and saute them until it turns light golden brown.
- Now add the grinded mixture,ginger garlic paste cook them until the raw smell leaves off.
- Add in the grinded tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes well blended.
- Add little water, the boiled eggs, salt. cover and cook for 8 to 10 mins in slow flame!
- Sprinkle some curry leaves or coriander leaves.
- Chettinad Egg masala is ready!
Step by step pictures:
Thats it!! Chettinad Egg Masala is Ready!! Serve with rice, idly, dosa or Roti!
If u make this recipe please comment below or take a picture post it on Facebook so we can see!!