Hello Friends 🙂 🙂 how is the weekend for you guys? We all know Christmas is around the corner, Here in Manila Christmas season has started a month early!! We can see a lot of Christmas lighting, Christmas tree decorations everywhere!! its looks more lively and its always makes you happy when you see..and your mood tuned to Christmas!! Christmas!!! agree right?? There are a lot of discount sales are going on and which is also a good shopping time too!! what do u guys have plan for Christmas? and about this recipe.. i wanted to share you guys a simple Quick and easy dessert for Christmas, if u throw a Christmas party, do include this recipe in your menu.. because the ingredients are very simple, There is no fuss, simple easy recipe idea…It looks great, it has soft and smooth texture, its light in your tummy!!! It is not that sweet, it has mild sweetness in the custard… when you take a spoon of custard with a little of caramel… Heaven, it is!!!!
- Suagr- ¾th cup + 2 tbs for caramel
- Milk- 2 and ½ cups
- Eggs - 4
- Vanilla Essence- 1.5 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven for 180 degree C for 10 minutes
- Take a deep bottomed pan , add 2 tbs of sugar, add little water and caramalize the sugar, pour on the mould/ramekin/tin.
- Heat up the milk, in a mixing bowl, break the eggs, sugar, vanilla essence, and milk combine them well.. do not make it fluffy.
- Strain the mixture, and pour on the prepared mould.
- Pour some water for ½ inch on the baking tray and keep the mould.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 180 degree C for 20 minutes.
- Bring them to a normal temperature and keep refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Now, place a plate on the mould, and flip upside down and tap the mould for twice.. Gently remove the mould!
- Now the caramel custard is ready!!
You can also steam the pudding, following above method instead of baking, you can keep them in the pressure cooker by adding ½ inch water, put the lid on top. (Do not keep whistle) it will take 15 to 20 minutes to cook
Step by step pictures:
Invert the plate over the mould and flip it up-side down, tap the mould twice, and gently remove the mould.. you can a see a caramel is run down sides of the custard!! Thats it! your CARAMEL CUSTARD is ready to be served!! You can also steam the pudding, check my notes if you want alternative for oven.
If you tried this recipe, let me know or you can click a picture and post on my FACEBOOK so that we can look up guys!! Happy cooking!! cheers! 🙂 🙂