Cabbage Vada Recipe | Crispy Cabbage vadai, As Tamil New Year was 10 days back , I though of posting this easy vada recipe with onion and garlic.
- Cabbage- 1 and ½ cup.
- Channa dal- ½ cup
- Urud dal- ½ cup
- Fennel seeds- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Pepper corn - 1tsp
- Ginger- 1tsp
- Green chill- tsp
- Hing-1/2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves- ¼ cup
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- for deep fry.
- Soak channa and urud dal for 4 to 5 hours.
- Drain and then grind the lentils into coarse paste by adding very little water.
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in the lentil mixture.
- Keep aside for 10- 15 mins.
- Now , take a lemon sized ball and squeeze out the excess water from the mixture then make a round shaped vada.
- Heat oil in a kadai or deep fryer.
- Drop the vada and fry in the medium hot oil till it turns golden brown and crisp.
- Drain vada on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney or side dish for sambar or rasam.
Step by Step pictures:
Cabbage vada is ready!!Serve with mint chutney or ketchup.