Hi friends! Todays Recipe is Bisi-bele-bath (bee-see-beley-baath) is the pride recipe from karanataka Cusine! It is the Queen of one pot pressure cooker meal, with rice, lentils and veggies. I have tried tasting the Bisibelebath at Mysore in a famous udipi hotel, Drizzled with ghee on top, Hmmmm I’m just mouth watering here!!!! The key ingredients to make this rice super delicious is the bisibelebath powder, however you could get the store bought Powder nothing can beat the flavour and taste that brings from the home made powder, its just take 5 minutes to make the home made made! Better the home-made powder, better the taste. The recipe I’m sharing is the undoubtedly full of flavours and lip-smacking Recipe.If you ever tasted Bisi-bele-bath in any famous udupi restaurant I’m sure you can match the flavours of the authentic touch from this recipe!! Be ready to lick your finger!! 🙂 🙂
- Oil- 1 tbs
- Rice- 1 cup
- Onions- 1 chopped
- carrot - 1 chopped
- beans- 4 to 5 chopped
- peas- ½ cup
- Bisibelebath powder- 2 tbs
- Tamarind pulp- 2tbs
- jaggery- 1 tbs
- water- 6 cups
- salt - to taste.
- For Temepring:
- Ghee- 2 tbs
- mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Dry Red chilli- 3
- Curry-leaves- 1 string
- Heat the pressure cooker, add oil, onions, carrots, beans, potato saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add washed rice, Toor dal, Bisibelebath powder, 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Add tamarind,jaggery,peas, salt, 3 cups of water stir them until you get the pouring consistency.
- Do the tempering- Heat up ghee, add mustard seeds,hing, dry red chilli, curry leaves.
- Add the tempering to the bisi bele bath, mix them well.
I highly recommend to use the freshly grinded Bisi bele bath powder to get aroma and taste of the authentic touch.
You could use all your favourite veggies.
Add required amount of water to this recipe, because this Recipe should be in a pouring consistency, so add water if required.
Step By Step Pictures:
Bisi Bele bath is ready!! Its fresh, aromatic, ohhh! i totally love the consistency!!
Serve with simple pappad or any chips of your choice. If you like this recipe share your thoughts, if you tried this recipe take a picture and post it on Facebook, so that we can see what you have come up with!!
Cheers! Happy Cooking!