Apple & Cinnamon crumble bar is the combo of best things all together apple& oats, the crumbly buttery top layer and the Gooey apples combined with brown sugar,cinnamon&Raisins.This is all you want! It is undoubtedly delicious. When you take a bite you will definitely need more…
I was craving for a sweet, all i want is sweet… sweet….! I had some green apples in my fridge so want to make some delicious sweet yet its simple and mild. Then after 30 mins, freshly baked Apple& Cinnamon crumble bar is out of the oven…the house is filled with flavours of cinnamon! These bars are tasted like a apple pie.. you can name it as apple pie crusty bar (whatever you feel like) when i tasted it the crumbly oats layer on top just melt in your mouth and you get a bits of gooey apple it tasted so gooooooddd ( yes I’m stressing the goodness here:) 🙂 ).
I should simply say WOW! these are the Apple& cinnamon bars the best ever! Rich, not very sweet outside layer, with delicate apples, rich with cinnamon and sugar, finished with more rich, crunchy topping. The rich oats butter in the covering gives you a butter flavours which is delicate, succulent, cinnamon apples. This bar is ideal for any potluck, only for you and your family at home.
Similar Recipes you may like to try:
Lets get started:
Apple Cinnamon crumble bar is ready.
It tasted so good, it is
melt in your mouth,
juicy caramelised apple,
Flavours of cinnamon.
- Bramley cooking apples - 2 cups (roughly chopped)
- Raisins- 1/4 cup
- caster sugar- 1/4 cup
- cinnamon powder- 1 tsp
- Plain flour/Maida - 7/8 cups
- Brown sugar- 1 cup
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Rolled oats- 2/3 cup
- Butter - 2/3 cup (melted)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degree C for 10 minutes before baking.
- Place the apples. raisins,sugar and cinnamon into a saucepan over a low heat.
- Cover and cook for 15mins, stirring occasionally, until the apple is cooked through. Remove the cover and stir well with wooden spoon to break up the apple completely.
- Cook for the further 15-30 mins over a very low heat until reduced, thicker and slightly darkened.
- Allow to cool, lightly oil and line 8 inch square cake tin with butter or baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, rolled oats and butter until combined well and crumbly.
- Spread half of the flour mixture into the bottom of the prepared tin and press down.
- Pour over the apple mixture.
- Sprinkle over the remaining flour mixture and press down lightly, Bake in the pre-heated tin for 30 mins, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into slices. Serve the bars with whipped cream.
Happy cooking, Eat like no else is watching! 🙂