- Strong white bread flour- 1 cup
- Dried yeast- 1tsp
- Olive oil- 3 tbs
- Luke warm water- 100 ml
- Tomato puree- 2 tbs
- Soft sundries tomatoes- 2tbs chopped
- Fresh basil- 3 tbs chopped
- Parmesan cheese-1 tbs grated
- Sea salt- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- In a bowl,sift the flour, salt,stir in the yeast, 2 tbs olive oil,lukewarm water, tomato puree and mix them into a soft dough. Knead the dough by hand for 10 minutes.
- Mix them until its smooth and elastic. OR You could use the table top mixer and knead it.
- Cover with the cling wrap and leave it for about 1 hour until the size is doubled.
- After 1 hour, take the dough onto the floored surface, punch it to knock out all the air.
- Now, Knead in the chopped tomatoes, basil, parmesan cheese.
- Roll and cut the rolls desired your size, brush some olive oil on top, make a dimond shallow shaped slashes across on top of each one with sharp knife.
- Now cover them with a cling wrap and leave for another 45 minutes until double the size.
- Pre-heat the oven for 220 Degree C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle little sisal on top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until risen and golden colour.
- Gently take them out, Leave to cool.
- Tomato Basil Roll is ready!
Step by step Pictures:
Tomato Basil Roll is ready!!
If you try this recipe share your thoughts, or take a picture and post it on Facebook, so we can see!!