Pepper chicken (madurai style pepper chicken) is the spicy peppery coated masala fry, its simple and tasty to the core. It has whole lot of flavours and aroma that goes extremely well with anything.
Pepper Chicken is my all time favourite item, mom makes this pepper chicken on frequent basis, because its really easy to make and really taste like a Madurai restaurant style. I served this Pepper chicken with Garlic rasam. The combination really worked so well, the tanginess of the rasam and spiciness of the chicken tasted Awesome! I made it in a masala version.. its up to you. You can also make it dry.
Do try this recipe and if you have your version would love to know from you.
- Chicken -500 gms
- Onion- 3( medium size)
- Tomato- 1(big size)
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
- Dry red chilli -3
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 and 1/2 tsp( use according to ur spice level)
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- to taste.
- Coriander leaves and curry leaves- 1 bunch.
- Water- 1/2 cup.
- Sesame oil- 3tsp
- In a wide pan, add the oil once it heats up add the mustard seeds and dry chilli.
- Add the onions and fry till it is translucent and add the GG paste and fry till the raw smell leaves off.
- Add in tomatoes and sauté it for sometime.
- Once it is sautéed well, add the pepper powder and turmeric powder, stir occasionally, make sure do not burn, sprinkle some water if needed.
- Now add the chicken, sauté for 3 mins,then add some water and salt to it.
- Cook until you get the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves or curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Cook until the desired consistency!!! Spicy Pepper Chicken is ready!!!!
Wow!! Spicy pepper Chicken is Ready!! Its is tasted so good,
It is spicy,
lot of flavours,
Best chicken recipe ( this is what you feel).
If you love this recipe Leave a comment, or tag a picture #nithisclickncook on instagram or post a picture on Facebook, I would love to see how it turned out!
Happy cooking, Eat like no else is watching! 🙂