- Prawns/Shrimps- 300 gms
- Ghee- 4 tbs
- curd/yogurt- 3 tbs
- turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- lemon juice- 1 tsp
- salt- to taste
- Dry red chillies- 3 to 4
- coriander seeds- 1 tbs
- fenugreek seeds- 1.5 tsp
- cumin seeds- 1.5 tsp
- Tamarind- a small pinch
- Garlic- 5 nos
- Marinate the prawns adding curd/yogurt, turmeric powder,lemon juice, salt for ½ hour to 1 hour.
- Grind dry redchilli, garlic, tamarind, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds into a fine paste adding little water.
- Heat up the pan, add 1 tbs of ghee, add the marinated prawn and saute them for 2 to 3 minutes, take them aside.
- In the same pan , add remaining ghee, add the grinded masala an stir them until the oil oozes out.
- Now add the cooked prawn, mix them gently. cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves.
Step by Step pictures:
Prawn Ghee Roast is Ready!! Serve with simple sambar or Roti.
If you like this recipe share your thoughts below, or tried this recipe take a picture an post it on Facebook page, i would love to see that! 🙂
Cheers! Happy Cooking!