Murungai keerai thanni saaru | Drumstick leaves soup it is a famous recipe in my hometown, its my favouriteeee recipe!! i usually ask amma to make this recipe frequently, At home we usually make this for lunch and we mix it with rice.. though you can have this just like a soup.. its yummy when you mix it with a hot steamed rice! The authentic way of making of this recipe is Grinding 1/2 cup coconut with 1.5 tsp of cumin seeds add warm water to extract the coconut milk and then add in to the recipe.. this is the exact way to make this Thanni Saaru, here i given the shortcut route 🙂 🙂 i mixed coconut powder with warmwater after 10 minutes i added powdered jeera..! Even this tasted so yummy!! but if u want to taste the authentic recipe..Please Extract the coconut milk!!! This recipe infuses lot of cumin flavour!! it is a good remedy for mouth ulcer and this greenyyy has lot of medicinal values!!
- Drumstick leaves- 1 and ½ cup
- Onion- 1
- Tomato - 1
- chillies- 2
- coconut milk- 1 cup
- jeera- 1 tsp
- jeera powder- ½ tsp
- Bring to boil the drumstick leaves, chillies, onion and tomato with 2 cups of water.
- Mix the jeera powder with coconut milk.
- heat up the oil, add in cumin, once its splutter add in to the boiled drumstick water.
- Mix the coconut milk and simmer for 3 mins. Thats it.. Thanni Saaru Recipe is ready!!!
STEP BY STEP PICTURES:
That is Guys! Can be served as simple bowl of soup or you can also mix with hot steamed rice!! If you like this recipe share your thought comment below, or share your recipe picture on our Facebook page, so we know what you come up with!!! i would love to see!!!
Cheers Happy Cooking!!